Iodine deficiency in Australia
The elephant in the room?
Iodine deficiency is a real issue in Australia. Iodine was far more prevelant in our daily lives eg.
- Dairy vats used to be cleaned with iodine
- bread used to have iodine
- hospitals used iodine as a disinfectant
Some of the above uses of iodine have been replaced by cheaper chemicals - thus putting more pressure on the thyroid.
Iodine is an essential trace element and an integral component of thyroid hormones. Thyroid hormones are required for normal growth and development of tissues and maturation of our body.
The Thyroid Gland
The benefits of Iodine:
- Detoxifies body of heavy metals such as lead and mercury
- Antibacterial, anti-parasitic, anti-viral and anti-cancer properties
- Improves breast health and can prevent fibrocystic breast disease
- Increases energy levels, body temperature, and improves circulation
- Improves thyroid function
- Optimum function of the whole glandular system
- Increases stomach acid
- Healthy hair, nails and skin
- Improves immune function
- Protective from radiation
If children do not receive enough iodine it can lead to behavioural disorders, cretinism and poor brain function.
Severe iodine deficiency can lead to cretinism in infants, characterised by mental deficiency, Spastic Diplegia, deaf mutism and shortened stature.
Contact Anita to discuss the benefits of a structured iodine therapy.